Tigers Curse - Colleen Houck

Find us on Facebook

Newsletter Sign Up

Welcome to the Forum

I am so happy you are are a fan of the Tiger! You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which does not give you access to participate. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, read our community rules and join The Tiger's Curse community!

Forum > Tiger's Curse

Kappa

In the book "Tiger's Curse" on the bottom of page 299, the top of page 300, and the bottom of page 306, a brief summary of the tale of the kappa is told. I love this series but would like to point out that there are some errors in the tale of the kappa.

Posted by JapaneseLover on August 16, 2011 5:20pm

Comments

Re: Kappa

The description of the Kappa scared the crap out of me! I was like...ewe, that is some wicked mess there! Maybe that's why I don't like going near water? LOL. Maybe I've been eated on by a Kappa before? Hummmmm.............

By KishansGirl on August 2, 2012 11:59pm

The way colleen described the Kappa scared the crap out of me! I started to get a little parinode. i dont thats how u spell that word but oh well.

By Nilana1 on April 19, 2012 2:10pm

Maybe she read a different version of the Kappa....

By whitetigerlover#1 on February 15, 2012 1:11pm

well, wherever it came from, the kappa are mean (but made that part of the story way better)

By TIGERLOVERxoxo on February 5, 2012 10:10am

First off the Kappa is NOT from China rather, it is a native mythological water imp or river sprite that is said to dewll in the waterways of Japan. Kappa are the size of children and are said to have a turtle-like shell, scaley skin, and webbed hands and feet. their heads can be depicted as ape-like but more commonly are shown as beaked like a turtle or bird. They gain strength from the reservior of water on their heads. when tricked into bowing (the main point behind the story to ssow respect to both elders and people that japanese childern do not know) the kappa will be greatly weakend or can even die. Tricking Kappa into bowing isn't very difficult at all considering thatg since japanese children were always told to bow to a kappa becase the Kappa can't help but bow back, thus fatally emptying the reserve of watewr on their heads.

By JapaneseLover on August 16, 2011 5:21pm